Monday, November 12, 2012

Obama 2012

"And Obama is the projected winner of the 2012 presidential election." It was finally over. After months of presidential debates and commercials, it was finally over. CNN, Fox, and countless other news broadcasters announced the projection that the president would be re-elected. After running a tough campaign, Obama was able to outlast Romney in many of the swing states and win 303 electoral votes to Romney's 203.

I have never been a big political guy. I saw the horror that was George Bush, and the false hope that was Obama's first term. But I believe that if anyone can bring this country to the right track it's Obama. Right now I am 16 years old, so I couldn't vote. So I decided to stay away from the politics. Watch what was going on, but don't get into political debates with your friends.

I tried to understand the basics of what both Romney and Obama were saying, and I did have a favorite, but whenever my friend brought the presidential race up at lunch, I just shrugged my shoulder and said they both suck. In four years, guess who gets to vote, this guy right here. But you can trust me that in four years when my opinion may or may not count, I will do my research and vote for who I believe will be the better president.

No comments:

Post a Comment