Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My American Dreams

Continuing with the American Dream topic, I am going to tell you what my dreams were and are. When I was young, I always thought of what I wanted to be when I grew up. Generally I wanted to be the guy operating those cool machines at construction sites. Then I decided that snow plow drivers would be super cool because they don't work until snow fell onto the ground. But then I grew up and decided to be serious about my future. My parents obviously wanted me to become a doctor because well, they are Indian, and at first that was what I wanted to be too.

Two summers ago I was introduced to the world of computer science. I began to watch videos which were related to computer program and after getting a solid background about the HTML computer language, I was able to make a small website. While it may not be perfect, I was proud of what I was able to develop. That was when I decided I wanted to major in Computer Science. I knew that it isn't an extremely high paying job, unless of course you make Facebook or something like that, so I had to make new goals.

My American Dream was to be wealthy. Ever since I could remember I would always talk about what I would get with my money. A lamborghini? A mansion? The sky was the limit. But now that I want to be a computer programer, I might want to bring my goals down to earth. I know some of my dad's friends who were computer programmers and lived a pretty good lifestyle. Two-story house, flat screen televisions, two nice cars, everything that I would want to have in my house. This became my new American Dream.

The American Dream is always changing. It is never static. As you grow older and become wiser, you really what you really want from your life. You can go from wanting to be a billionaire to wanting to help people around the world. It is your choice, your life. You decide how you want to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment